Hot Spring Slime-scape

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? I wish that I included more of the purple area in the frame, but there may have been some debris which I tried to avoid in the shot.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: D500 16-80mm f2.8-4.0 at 65mm (1/50sec at 7.1, Iso 250) Levels, Topaz Adjust, Luminosty mask for midtones with curve adjustment. There was a film of moving water over the LH side which was picked up with the 1/50 sec exposure.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.!

Hey @Jim_Zablotny.
I find this image very interesting. At first glance it looked like an aerial shot, like A beach and the waves on the left. Very abstract.
Minor things, the image looks a bit soft to me, but not a huge problem (only visible when zooming in). On composition i would like a bit more of that purple area, but you already pointed that was not possible.
Maybe, if you could try again sometime, it could work better horizontally, and try to place the transition area on the center, could give a nice balance to the image.
For me its a great image with good abstrat thinking so thanks for sharing.
Cheers.

1 Like

Is it bad that I know exactly where this was taken? :smile: I’ve spent far too much time shooting abstracts here. This is quite lovely Jim, might I suggest a 4:5 crop? I think the spot in the LRC is a bit distracting.