House Finch, female, perhaps juvenile

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

A female House Finch on a cloudy day

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

ISO 4000, 200-600+1.4 X at 840 mm equivalent, F9, 2000th, Sony A1, cloudy conditions

2 Likes

She chose the perfect spot and pose!! Excellent sharpness and detail! I wonder if there is a bit more canvas top and bottom – no criticism of this crop though – just wishing…

Hi David, nice soft light and you really took advantage of it! Nice details throughout on the bird. Interesting perch too and pleasing BG. Agree with more room top and bottom if you have it. Well done.

Ditto the critiques above, David. Beautiful detail. I’d go with juvenile based on the bright yellow gape at the base of the beak. that tends to mellow out in color with age but when young it’s nice and bright so when they open wide it attracts their parents’ attention.

A little more room at the tp and bottom will strengthen the comp. However, it is fun to get these macro-style shots of birds with all the details captured like this one. Well done…Jim

Chiming in late here but I agree mostly with adding more canvas to the top. It’s very tight up there. Otherwise, this is spectacular in all regards. Lovely head turn and body angle, great look at the chest and feather plumage of her, terrific perch, and a complimentary blurred out background. What more could you ask for? Superb!