Juvenile House? Finch-High Key

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

We’ve had overcast almost all day today, so I went out to the blind for a bit this afternoon to see what kind of action there might be. It was pretty slow, but I did have a few species show up. I think this is a house finch, but it could be a purple as we get both and the youngsters look a lot alike. The curve of the upper mandible is supposed to be pretty diagnostic, but it didn’t give me a really good angle to look at it.

Specific Feedback

The background was very bright in the original and I didn’t do much to increase it, though I did bring the bird and perch down a trifle. Does this crop work with the head turn?

Technical Details

Sony A1, FE 200-600 @ 600 mm, tripod with gimbal head, f/6.3, 1/250, iso 2000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 4398x4662. Taken this afternoon at 12:40 PM.

1 Like

Very nice! It works for me in all respects and I love the frame with the clever touch at the bottom!

Hi Dennis, this crop works for me and I really like the head turn you caught. Looks inquisitive. Fine details and nice frame overall. Well done.