How many times do I have to ask to move over?

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I was glad to see this nesting pair return, not all the nest are occupied, in Old Lyme, CT. This shot was taken on May 1, at 10:30 PM.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon100-500mm & 1.4ext, f10, 700mm, 1/1600, ISO 1600. The shot is cropped by 50% and I adjusted the exposure, highlights and number of local adjustment on the background and Ospreys. I also remove two very dark tree trunks. In DXO PhotoLab 6.

Great interaction, Peter. With the compression from the long focal length it looks like the landing bird is attacking the sitting one. I do see a few areas in the nest and the flying bird that look completely blown out. The nest is pretty easily repaired and the ones in the bird are small and not very noticeable.

Nice action captured here Peter. The landing pose of the upper bird looks great. Dennis already mentioned a couple of blown out areas that should be easily fixed. Nicely composed image with proper spacing around the birds IMO.

Hi Dennis & Allen
Thank you for the comments. I tried working on the white clipped parts, but is just turned into gray looking clipped highlights.
Peter