Witch way did they go?

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Hi I am back into the archives, this shot was taken on April 3, 2023, at Rocky Neck State Park. I was lucky to this group in focus and with fairly control whites. Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm & 1.4ext, f10, 700mm, -2.3EV, 1/1600, ISO 160 and cropped in DXO PhotoLab 7 by 40%. I use local control points on the heads to add some Microcontracts and bring up the shadow on the rear Egret.

I love the composition, Peter, and the title is extremely appropriate. To my eye, the egrets look pretty gray and I think you could bring them up quite a bit.

Hi Dennis
Here is a re-post. I reduced the highlight comp. and adjusted the color balance some.
Peter

The three stooges hard at work. Large image looks pretty good with ideal sharpness. The boost in brightness works for me too. Well done…Jim

Looks much better, Peter.

Hi Jim & Dennis
Thank you for your comments.
Peter

The title fits the composition very well. Nice to get all three close together.

Peter: I very much liked the original composition in which you caught the birds in a unique position and your re-post brings out the natural color of the birds. Very nicely done. Richard