Time to leave.

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This photograph was taken on March 17, at 10:00 AM. In the back of Rocky Neck State Park.(My first day out, I needed this Egret)
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm & 1.4ext, f9, 599mm, 1/1600, ISO 640. The shot is cropped by 23% in DXO PhotoLab 7 and I used a control point the increase the whites on the Egret’s neck and head.

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

nice action shot. I think the whites on the head, neck, and back are not as well exposes the other parts of the bird. Yeah this is difficult lighting But you gotaction shot

A fine action shot, Peter. A shot like this is what keeps us coming back and makes us feel good about what we do. I particularly like the arc of drops coming off the decorative mating plume (are they called nuptial plumes?) If it weren’t for the reeds where it took off I’d be tempted to crop way down to just the arc and the legs and plume, completely omitting the body for a semi-abstract image (as one version-I certainly wouldn’t throw away the rest).

A nice action shot, Peter. I know this one meant a lot to you. I am hoping for similar poses when I go up to Virginia this week. I love that trail of water coming off of his tale feathers. Nicely done.

Hi David, Dennis & Shirley
Thank you for your comments, here are the next two frames of the Egret’s take off.
I always thought the Canon 12 frame per-sec, was just fine, but now looking at the 20, 30, and 60 frames per-sec. available, maybe it is time to revisit that?
Peter

These are great images Peter. I like the action. I like the wingspread, and the drips off the jump. I think you did really well with the whites on all of these.

Hi Ed
Thank you for the comments.
Peter