Hunting for breakfast.

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This is from my Oct 13, trip to Rocky Heck State Park. I was fortunate to find a small group of Great Egrets to photograph that day.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter
Ps
Hi Dennis,Richard & Allen
Here is a re-post. I used two control points to lift the whites in the upper wings of this Egret and zeroed out the global highlight control.
Peter

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm & 1.4ext, f10, 700mm, -1.7EV, 1/1600, ISO 250 and cropped by 60% in DXO PhotoLab 7.

Great pose, Peter. I think you could go a bit brighter on the bird. Here’s a version where I selected the bird applied a luminosity mask targeting the whites, but limiting the high end and brought them up with a curves adjustment. I think you can do the same thing without the luminosity mask-just pull down the white point end of the curve a little bit to ensure you don’t blow out the whites.

Peter: that’s a WOW photo as the pose you’ve captured is excellent. One very minor suggestion would be to bring up the whites on the upper third of the bird’s left wing just a bit. It has the slightest grey cast. Fantastic otherwise.

Hi Peter, very nice pose you captured and I like the green on the head of this individual. Striking. Dennis’ repost looks good to me as well. Nice catch.

Very nice pose and the image shows off the green on the face well. I like Dennis’s work to decrease the grayness in the wing.

Hi Dennis,Richard & Allen
Here is a re-post. I used two control points to lift the whites in the upper wings of this Egret and zeroed out the global highlight control.
Peter

Looks good, Peter.