The view from the front row.

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The Egret is watching the two Ospreys in flight school. The shot was also taken from the Zodiac, from just behind the Conn. River, on Aug. 1 at 8:45AM. Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm & 1.4ext, 700mm, f10, -1.3EV, 1/1600, ISO 1000 and cropped by 10% in DXO PhotoLab 7. I had to clone out around 20 dead pixels, for some reason the camera went dum, lucky for me this cleared up after power down. I did clone one shot spot in the upper right corner.
Peter

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

Hi Peter, I like the setting here with all the greenery shown especially on the left. Thinking a crop from the right to move the bird off center may help. Whites look under control and the sharpness looks good. Bird contrasts nicely with the rest of its surroundings.

Nice catch, Peter. I agree with a crop from the right and while you’re at it, this feels to me as if it could use a bit of counter-clockwise rotation. That bird seems a bit tilted.

Hi Allen & Dennis
This is what I was going to post, until I decide to open the shot up. Thank you for your comments.
Peter

1 Like

Nice, Peter. I do prefer this version.

Yep, nice job on the recrop Peter. It just seems to have a more balanced look for me. Great job keeping the whites white and the greens nice and dark green.

Ed: I like your re-do as it emphasizes your subject much moe. The whites, colors and detail are all fine.

Hi Dennis, Ed & Richard.
Thank you for the comments. As Ed knows already, After seeing some master photographers present photographs with more open space than I would normally use, I thought I would give it a go.
Peter

Off-center composition in the repost works great. Great light and beautiful perch makes this image for me.

Hi Sandipan
Thank you for your comment.
Peter