Hugs and Kisses

Our garden is coming to life and this Jane Magnolia blossom and bud were close enough to the ground that I was able to get a decent POV with the sunlit yard as a BG. This is also a testimony to the wonders of modern camera/lens technology. It was pretty windy and the branch was moving all over the place. With the A7RIII set on continuous focus and high speed frame rate my new 70-200 was able to track and come back with an amazing number of keepers. Not sure this shot would have been possible in the old film days so even though I loved shooting slides on Velvia I can’t say I miss those challenges. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A7RIII
Sony 70-200 f2.8 GM
ISO 800, 1/320 @ f8

5 Likes

The detail is exceptional, Bill, especially considering weather the conditions. Beautiful soft background helps the blossoms standout so well. Very nicely done.

Bill, the gentle beauty (from the subtle, warm colors especially in the background) is excellent. Getting both an open bloom and a bud adds a lot to the story telling.

Fantastic!! Gorgeous composition, color and detail and a stunning complementary BG!

Love the story telling feature of this image. The overlapping of the leaf and petal also enhances the draw to view and enjoy. Excellent capture!