Garden Tour 3

Crown of Buds
Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm maceo
ISO 800, 1/800 @ f11
There were a dozen buds surrounding this rose. It’s now a couple of days since I shot this and a number of the buds have bloomed. This is my favorite rose bush and this spring it has been the most prolific ever. Every day there’s new beauty to be found. All comments welcome. >=))>

1 Like

Bill, this is just amazing. :+1: :+1: to your gardener! I just love how all of the buds are surrounding the one bloom in this. Colors and details are wonderful. Another one to hang in your office.

Such a wonderful photo Bill, I am sure I can smell the fragrance coming through the computer. I like the contrast between the flower (the colors and detail) and the soft dark green background. Thanks for sharing your garden with us.

Hi Bill,

Normally, I prefer flower pictures showing more stem. But this one sways me to prefer the comp as presented. The upper left rose bud is an integral piece of the composition and negates the use of more of the stems in the comp. Wonderful colors and the dark BG brings out the bright colors of the Rose’s. No nits from me. Well done…jim

Gorgeous image, Bill. The color(s) is-are an immediate draw… :sunglasses: