Garden Tour 12 x 2

Opening Day x 2
Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/40 @ f16
Our first Regina Iris of the spring bloomed this morning. The first shot was taken early this afternoon and the second about four hours later. These flowers only last a day so I was lucky to have some agreeable light and wind conditions. This plant is loaded with buds so I’m hopeful that more will come in the coming weeks. All comments welcome. >=))>

Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/40 @ f16

1 Like

Bill, I am a sucker for a bud just opening, and this one is extraordinary Simplicity, color and the right DoF. The one open petal has it all; color detail and the anticipation of what is to come. Love the blurred background with only implied leaves. The full bloom is a bit more hectic with detail and background but still tells the story of Spring.

1 Like

I love the first image especially, Bill - the moment of opening of the flower with the promise of more to come. Beautifully set against the green ground.

Bill, what a treat. I too like the first image best, but so glad that you included the second, because I am not familiar with the Regina Iris, so seeing it full bloom helped. Very nice images of this beautiful iris.

1 Like

Hi Bill, Iris is one of my favorite flowers but I am not familiar with this one. The second image has great color and detail. I love the detail of the first image with the soft back ground

Bill, clearly your garden is a bloomin great place… :wink: Iris are always fun and challenging because they have such intriguing flowers with lots of details to explore. These views look very good.

Beautiful photo and fantastic colors. The nature is a great artist. I was surprise to read that the flowers of this Iris last only one day. We don’t have this variety unfortunately.

The first image with the one petal emerging gives the viewer a sense of anticipation for the final burst of color. Even so, I prefer the first one you posted. It is quite different and an unusual portrait.