Garden Tour 9

Tres Bon
Sony A77II
Sony 70-400G @ 300mm
ISO 400, 1/100 @ f8 (HDR)
Ann Chowning Louisiana Iris
So here is the finished bloom. I decided to wait a few days and let some of the other buds develop and I liked this shot that included three different stages of the flowers. I know conventional wisdom is to shoot in soft light but I personally like the challenge and the result of shooting in dappled sunlight. I’ve also started shooting five capture HDRs and liking the results. All comments welcome. >=))>

2 Likes

Well worth the wait, Bill ! A lovely trio beautifully presented and composed across the frame so nicely - that extra leaf in the bottom R completing a first rate composition.

1 Like

Bill I am trying to go back to my passion that was sleeping you know why. I will come back slowly. About this flower I like the composition but sincerely is too much visible that the sun light was very harsh falling in the flowers and the BG.

1 Like

Great composition and unobtrusive background to support the iris’ beauty. You’ve handled the harsh lighting as well as possible. In fact, this lighting gives more dimension to the iris blooms.

Bill
Sometimes its a good idea to break the “rules”. I think that is certainly true in this case. What lovely Daylilies! I like the way you took the photo from the side at just the right moment to give that top flower a unique look. Very nice.

Bill,

Kudos on the finished and final stage of the bloom. I too like that the other stages are included here as well, including that bud hiding beneath the main flower.

No a big deal, but I’m undecided if I like the presence of the back-lit leaf in the LR. I think it draws attention away; especially given you have such a soft and uniform bg.

Lon