I dreamed a flower + Repost

The flower of the osteospermum is my favorite model: generous, photogenic, always asking for a photo. There is always a plant in my garden blooming incessantly from April to November.
Back lit, hit by a beam of the rising sun.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Anyone

What artistic feedback would you like if any? It is too soft for you?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

D850, Nikkor 200mm macro - 0,3 sec, f/8, ISO 125

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Oh Gigi, this a very pleasing image of this very beautiful flower. The lighting and the selective focus really makes this a real treat.

1 Like

Superb image Giuseppe. The slightly OOF petals are very sensual and a beautiful contrast to the central pod. Well executed!

Beautiful! Great shapes and colors. No suggestions here.

I love the effect of the shallow depth of field Gigi. The petals look really special that way. I do find the stem a bit distracting and I think the image would be better without it, but some people don’t like to remove elements and I respect that.

Yes Dennis the stem is a bit distracting but I am among those who alters the nature only for a small detail and the stem isn’t. So I opted for darkening it, any better?
I changed another thing: I have taken away a bit of noise in the background that I left in the original image because it seemed to me apt for the dreamy mood. What do you think about this?

I like the repost, Gigi. The tonality of the stem now comes very close to mathing that of the petal tips, which seems to work much better. To tell the truth, I hadn’t noticed the noise in the original post, so that didn’t make much difference to me.

Gigi: Your love of osteospermum has spanned many years and this is a fine addition to your collection. The pristine condition of the center along with the unfurling petals is a great indication of new life emerging. I do think your adjustment of the stem is a nice touch. Bravisimo! >=))>

I love this image as posted, Gigi. In particular the fading of the petals from the tack sharp centre and the lovely bg seem to express the beauty of the flower as well as could be.

Another beauty Gigi. Lovely colors enhance the in-sharp-focus center. Love it.