The stamens of the ornithogalum

Taken against the sky and exposed Spot on the darker shades the sky under exposed became white.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details: D850, Nikkor 200mm macro, 1/20, f/19, ISO 400

Manual blend of two images in Photoshop for increasing the DOF

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Beautiful, Gigi. I love the lighting and the relative sizes of the two bloom clusters.

Where do you come up with these beautiful flowers? Love the contrast between the green center and the pure white flowers. Composition, subject and detail are great. As a personal taste I would like to see a darker background to bring more attention to the blooms. Maybe its just my eyes but I find it hard to separate the background from the white flowers. At some point I wish you would describe your set up or how you come up with such a beautiful light source.

Patricia, in general I love white on white but for this specific photo I am considering your suggestion. Perhaps there is too much uniformity in the light of the flowers against the total uniformity of the white background. I will try to change something. Thanks Patricia.
The only light that I use is the sun that changes every minute. When I want a white background I take the subject back lit against the sky. I expose Spot on the darkest shades of the flower thus over exposing the high luminosity of the sky. The BG becomes white and the flower is well lit, often almost an high key.
I always keep in high regard your opinions Patricia.

Don’t go too dark. Possibly just increase the contrast to bring a small amount of sky color back, i.e. light blue?

I have tried. Patricia, instead of increasing the contrast I have lowered it for recovering a bit of the colors stored in the NEF. The color of the sky is fe

eble but the distance between the flower and the BG is increased. I like the change. What are your thoughts?

I tend to favor your original processing, Gigi. The revised version just looks a little forced.

Sorry Dennis, I much prefer the second image. It has just enough difference in the whites to make the flower details more pronounced without over processing. It is much easier on my eyes. Thanks for posting the revision Gigi.

Pat

Gigi: I like both versions with a small preference for the original. Beautiful subjects superbly rendered. >=))>