Wilde flowers can be beautiful too

Back lit against the sky. Here it is difficult to find this flower in the fields. They are not appreciated may be because they cost nothing or they can not be admired in the florist showcases or in the greenhouses.

What technical feedback would you like if any? All

What artistic feedback would you like if any? All

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
D850, Nikkor 200mm macro - 1/4 sec, f/22 and ISO 250

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
3 Likes

Beautiful. Nicely composed and the delicate nature of the flower stands out well against the white background.

Wow, they are beautiful, Gigi.

I very much like the back lighting and the delicate, translucent petals.

Beautiful!!! Very three dimensional image.

Lovely - the backlit treatment is exceptional and highlights the delicate blooms and " leaves "
Sandy R-B

Gigi. Gorgeous backlit flowers with exceptional detail and color!

Gigi: Marvelous subjects superbly rendered. I always enjoy your high key images. Most excellent.>=))>

This comp and presentation is very attractive. It sort of looks like it was made in a copy machine, and I mean that in a good way. There’s a flatness here that heightens the interest.

I don’t participate much in Flora, but I enjoy your high-key presentations. Similar to @Tony_Kuyper, to me it resembles pressed flowers, especially the lower one, which I’m still trying to figure out :blush:

The flatness of the image is mostly due to the exposition: Spot on the darkest shade of the back lit flower. The high luminosity almost dissolved the light contrasts what I enhanced in PS. In this way the flower seems painted with pastel colors on a white paper, or photocopied, or pressed as you write. I am very glad that you like the image, thanks for the attention.

Classic Gigi ! I can say little more - so beautiful in its graphic quality !!!

Seen it only now, after some time spent away… Beautiful! A table from an XVIII century botanics book…