Wild flowers are beautiful too

A back lit flower of a wild tradescantia with the shell of a black seed.

What technical feedback would you like if any? All

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Do you like a profile portrait in a floral photo?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

D800E, Nikkor 200mm macro, 1/80, f/11, ISO 400

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Nice shot, Gigi. I like the curving lines of the stem and leaf. I always like your choice of backgrounds. I’m kind of on the fence about the dark spot behind the leaf.:vulcan_salute:

It’s not a leaf, it’s the shell of a seed . Thanks for your interest Michael.

Hi Gigi,

The translucent leaf is very nice and helps fill the frame. The BG is subtle, but colorful and the flower has some remarkable. There’s a small white halo around the blue part of the flower that’s easy to fix if so desired. Very nice and well done…Jim

A wonderful flower and your usual mastery of back lit images makes it even more wonderful, Gigi. My preference is for wildflowers and I’m anxiously awaiting the beginning of our season.

Exquisite flower, Gigi, beautifully presented with the gently graded background, showing off the blue and green of the flower very nicely. I too wondered about the halo round the blue - it does distract a little.

Gigi: I think I recall this from the old site. I still like it. I’m not enthusiastic about the dark seed but the rest of the image carries the day. >=))>

I will satisfy myself with echoing Jim Zablotny’s critique.

Lovely, graceful image of an unusual subject. Composition works well and the colors are very pleasing. Love it!

Beautifully done. I like your use of light and the cleanness of your subject .

I think it’s a very esthetically pleasing shot, skilfully done and contrary to other comments, I like the detail of the seed - if I imagine the photo without it, it becomes less interesting or out of balance for me somehow.
Grt, Ingrid.