Wild Flower

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any Canon 5DIII, 180 macro lens, f 8. 1/400 sec., iso 800

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Nice choice of focus plane and depth of field, John. This is wild in more than one sense. We have something that looks similar that came in a wildflower mix, but I don’t remember the pistils and stamens being that profuse or that color. I’ll have to take another look at what we have.

Hi Dennis, this flower also came from a wild flower envelope. Planted in my son’s garden. There are others photographed.

Interesting patterns and detail. I like this as presented, but also wonder how it would look with the entire flower in focus.

Hi Allen, There are other colors/ combinations I will post.

The flowers of Nigella are beautiful. They grow wild here too. Very good focus for a subject so complicated. For my eyes the background could be nicer darkened a bit. What do you think about?

I agree with Gigi’s suggestion of darkening the background. It would give more impact to the flower. Your choice of composition and placement in the frame are excellent.

Thanks Giuseppe and Patricia , I will darken the background to see the difference.
Wayne