Wild Flowers

Wild%20Flowers%20sm

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
D3400, ISO 1600, 1/320 sec, F-Stop unknown, 85mm prime manual

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Certainly not the conventional all-beautiful flower image with a silky smooth background, Michael, but I think you’re on to something here. I like the contrast of the vibrant green and yellows against the gray brown background. There’s also an interesting contrast in lines between the foreground and background with the greenery pushing up and the dark dead looking stuff a tangled maze of lines.

I’m wondering if a tighter crop to eliminate the vertical trunks on the left and right and focus more on the maze in the background would create an even more interesting image. Perhaps something along the lines this:

thanks Dennis, this was a happy accident … “I have a lot of those” I was photographing a rail road bridge and happened on this patch of sunlight on the flowers. The crop makes all the difference, thanks again.

I like what Dennis has done, but I like the original as well. I like the “yin and yang” of color mostly.

thanks Phil

Michael: A very nice find and a solid capture. I do like Dennis’ crop but if I were cropping I would also take a lot off the top. For me the flowers are the main subject and I wouldn’t give the BG 55-60% of the frame. >=))>

thanks Bill … good point