White Begonia

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any and all

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any and all

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon SX60 in macro mode, F8, 1/1600 sec. ISO 400

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

I,m going with the second version–better definition of the petals…Jim

Beautiful. I would clone out the dark specks but not a huge deal

I like both. Both are beautiful images. The first one has a dreamy, ethereal quality with just enough details on the petals. Looks like there is some backlighting on both. The second one has more details on the petals and the attention goes to the patterns of arrangement of petals. Just a subtle difference evokes different feelings. Both are very artfully done and lovely.

They are both beautiful, Patricia. I would be hard pressed to have to choose between the two. I think Ravi said it best, both are very artfully done.

Gorgeous back light here. Yum!! I like both but prefer the first as I love dreamy flowers.

Patricia, this is beautiful. I can’t tell any difference at all between the two, but that’s fine because it’s wonderful. The light on this flower is great. I agree with Harley about cloning the few dust or dirt spots.

Patricia
Both are beautiful. I like #1 more for the dreamy feel and more luminous.:+1:

I, too, like #2 better. A bit more soft transition from light to shadow. I agree the specks should disappear.

Patricia: Beautifully rendered tones on both and a fine result. I’m honestly having a problem seeing a discernible difference so I’ll take one of each. >=))>