White Begonia

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details:

Are the blue hues too strong?

Taken with Canon 7D, F5, 1/250/ISO 200, diopter on 100-400 lens

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
2 Likes

Not for me…
I think they set off the yellow hues.
Lovely.

Looks great to my eye. Beautiful!!! The high key presentation works really well and love the image.

Beautiful image - looks great to me - but it would be interesting to also see one with the blue channel to 0.
Great to see you posting again!
Sandy

Patricia, I am out of the core. For my personal taste or an exiting image with very saturated yellow and blue for a contrast of opposite colors or a photo in your beautiful style: a delicate and soft image only with a warmer yellow and without blue. I love your photos.

Patricia, the blue doesn’t bother me that much, but the digital noise in the shadows does. An easy cure, especially since the details don’t have to be tack sharp in this type of image.

_Patricia, A second look

I like this very much. My nits were very minor. I also tried Topaz Denoise on this and didn’t like the result. This is a far better image as is.

Thanks to each of you for your suggestions. I have reworked this after each comment without success. Seems the blues are here to stay unless I go to b&w, increasing the blues does not give me what I envision, and try as I might (and I did) the noise software decreases the center’s sharpness too much. Oh well, I’ll try again with another image. If anyone can tell me how to control the denoise features of PS, NIK or Topaz please let me know.

Update. I outlined the center which I wanted to stay sharp in PS, inverted, took into Topaz and softened the outer petals, inverted again and gently softened the center so it is fairly sharp. Used Djpeg instead of denoise and then clarity.

Patricia: Without your comment I don’t think I would have noticed the blue at all. This is very nicely done IMO. Your game is still at top notch. >=))>

Patricia, I like this, but I like the first one better!:scream_cat:

I tend to like the repost better, Patricia, though both are very nice. The blues don’t bother me, but the noise did. I’m really surprised you had a noise issue at those camera settings.

I prefer the re-post, but both are excellent.
Your diligent re-working paid off - if YOU’RE happy!
Sometimes, to remove blue casts, I have to run the sliders for both blue and cyan back to 0 several times. Still doesn’t always work.
Sandy

Much better for me Patricia. This is your.