Blue Poppy

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details:

Not sure about the composition.

Taken at Longwood’s display garden. Used Canon SX60, F5, 1/60 sec., ISO 400.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Very cool, Patricia. The feeling of depth is very impressive. The leaf in the lower left seems to pull the balance that way a bit. I might be tempted to clone over it with some of the darker area and the indistinct fern patterns.

I agree partly with Dennis, but I believe you could achieve a better balance by cropping the left side about an inch and adding a content aware inch on the right in the crop. This would give a stronger diagonal with the remains of the lower left leaf and two leading lines in the leaf veins to support the diagonal.

I like it as is… Your processing is always sort of intriguing, a great look to it…
I like as is, I might just darken the leaves, although they don’t really distract me from the center and the all the lovely colors between.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I am attaching a repost.

Wow, this is another beauty! The detail and colours are stunning, especially the throat.
I prefer the second version, but I’d add via Content-Aware a fair bit at the left and bottom. Seems quite tight in the frame to me.
Sandy

I like the repost as is, Patricia. The image is pushing up and right and you left the room there. I could see Phil’s suggestion to include part of that lower left leaf as a leading line, but the bloom itself pulls one into the image nicely.

Patricia: I like the repost but on the whole I think I like the original better. All I would do on the original is make the leaf tip on the right of the flower go away. I’m OK with the LLC. Beautiful color palette. >=))>