I have seen it all!

Have been walking a local trail for years and never noticed this face imprinted on an old oak tree. This time it just screamed at me. I’m here!

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any comments

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any feedback

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Canon 5d mark iv, ISO 100, 2.5 sec, f/16, 144 mm

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Also processed a copy of the image with TK pannel darks 2 mask

Lan , this is a pretty cool find, it looks like something from a fairy tale. I much prefer the B&W processing in the original post as opposed to the second one. But I think using B&W vs. color makes a lot of sense here, it just makes the image much more graphic looking.

My only suggestion would be that i wish there was a little more breathing room on both sides of the “eyes”, but I’m not sure how much more tree you had to work with.

Cool looking face amongst all that grain. As Ed said, very fairy tale too. Well seen!

@Ed_McGuirk, @Harley_Goldman, appreciate your feedback! This is another photo I took

of the guy. Let me know what you think.

Great find Lana. Looks like an Ent in Lord of the Rings. I like your first post best.

Thank you, @Eva_McDermott. Was wondering how to describe him. Is he an ogre or a goblin? You nailed it down perfectly… he is an ent ;->

Lana,

Awesome find and even better capture and presentation. Your original post is awesome and processed nicely. Wouldn’t change anything.

Thanks for posting!

Lon

Great find! The face really stands out in the composition and I like the full range of tonality in the black and white image. Nicely done!

@Brian_Schrayer, @Lon_Overacker, appreciate your kind words!