I just wanna be free!

I just wanna be free!

Iconic Icelandic horse–Today there are close to 80,000 of these horses in Iceland, an incredible number for a nation of 300,000 people. The breed has remained isolated for over 1000 years.
It just didn’t seem right to see it penned in by a barbed wire fence.

Specific Feedback Requested

I wanted to put this into weekly challenge of “fences” but felt that it would not qualify–due to very minimal emphasis on the fence.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
I took this with my Nikkon D90 . f10, 1/160, ISO 500

1 Like

A beautiful specimen. I do wish the horizon was straight though. The windblown mane is great.

It won’t enlarge for me – I’ve seen that with some images lately. The windblown mane is lovely and the tilted horizon somehow works with that dynamic feature. The texture /details on the horse looks to be on the harsh side – high contrast.

Hi @kat1 I like the head turn of the horse and the background. If you have enough room for it in the original, I would think about straightening the image as others have noted. The light seems pretty good to me though there is one bright spot just below the horse’s right ear.

I’m not seeing a larger version either. You can click the pencil icon at the bottom of your original post to get into the edit mode. Then you can just delete the link to the image and do “add image” again. I’m not sure if it’s universal or just a matter of slow connections, but I notice after I make a post, it seems to take a bit of time before the larger image link takes effect. I suspect if you close the post before then it might not take, but I’m not sure. If it doesn’t work the second time, post a note in the site support area and someone will get it fixed or get with you.