I Want to Fly Like an Eagle - with edit

The Eagles have returned to my area. This one flew over this morning on its way up to the tall cypress trees, either to build a new nest or return to a previous one.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any - This one came in so quick from behind a tree, I lost part of the upper wing in the framing of the shot. So, being the clever lad I am (at times), I added some canvas, selected the eagle, inverted the selection and built a new blue sky in ACR with a sky selection, brought it back into PS and copied a part of an existing long feather, and rebuilt his extended long feathers for a completed wing. This required a new crop but I feel it completes the majesty of this fine bird.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: Yes
D850, 28-300 @300 with a 1.4 Tele-extender, f/5.6, 1/1600, ISO 200 +.67 EV

I find that when shooting birds in flight, using .67 EV helps to add needed light for better detail on the bottoms of the wings.

2 Likes

Very nice – great pose and detail!! I’d never guess you had done any repair.

1 Like

I like the pose and your exposure techs worked well to give good underwing and facial detail. Nice capture.

1 Like

Nice job reconstructing the wing tip, Chris. My personal taste would call for a bit more room in front of the bird, but that’s pretty much taste. Good job on the exposure and detail.

1 Like

Hi Chris
Very nice looking Eagle and you did magic on the wind. Well done.
Peter

1 Like

Nice soaring view of the eagle with good exposure all around. Good job on the wing too. Agree with more space in front.

1 Like

With more flyout space…

This is a great image, made better by the canvas extension. I might be tempted for a little more in front and behind? Add some clouds?

1 Like