Ice Edge + Repost

This image is interesting for me because it reveals more than the eye usually sees. I also like the unconventional foreground background look.

water element
the same and also unique
beauty abounds here

Specific Feedback Requested

I welcome any feedback with or without examples on any post processing suggestions.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Added vignette and adjusted some basic light values as well as did some denoise to the background water.

1 Like

Ben, the curved, rounded ice edge does a good job of setting the stage for the color blobs in the water. The curved bright line coming in from the left adds nicely to the eye movement. Iā€™m debating with myself about the bubbly ice along the bottomā€¦it adds to the story about what and where this is, but itā€™s so different in texture from the rest. Try a crop from the bottom to see what you think.

1 Like

Ben, I like the contrasting foreground and background. Cropping of some of the bottom also seems like a good idea. The color is intriguing.

1 Like

Thank you Mark and @kat1 . It is good to hear how this photo might be improved further.

Crop

1 Like

Hi Ben, lots of interesting details in your photo. I think the crop worked well; removing just enough at the bottom to further highlight the ā€œmain showā€ but retaining some to show differences in color and texture, setting off the brighter ice, which look like teeth to me. The curvy lines on the left also add interest. A very well seen abstract.

I like the shot a lot, Ben. Actually, your eyes always ā€˜seeā€™, itā€™s your brain that canā€™t see. Anyway, I think this is very well executed. Lush.

Thank you Jim, excellent point. The brain certainly does filter and modify the data received by the eyes and change it into perception.