If it quacks

Female Wood Duck flying right at me. Reprocessed today.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 640, 500 PF, f7.1, 2500th, D500, handheld, 25% of full frame

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
**You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
3 Likes

Oh wow, David, this is really nice, having her flying directly at you. Such wonderful color and detail, with a very nice background.

David, this is delightful. The details in the duck and that warm background are outstanding.

Amazing job on the focus and an unusual look at one of these, David. Sweet background as well.

Hi David,

A wonderful view and got the focus on the important things in the image. The colorful BG works very well indeed. Well done :santa: :beers: …Jim

Amazing. This is not an easy shot to get and you have nailed every single thing of it. Do you think the weight of 500PF has contributed to your success in getting this shot?

The 500 pf weighs 3 lbs less than the regular 500 and it is sharper. Absolutely makes a difference. Rent one to see…

Incredible David! I don’t know how you guys do it… Incredible detail. Oh, and I love the color throughout.

Lon

A very nice capture with a unique viewpoint, David! It looks like she was about to land on your head! The colorful background really adds to the overall effect. I can see why it is a favorite of yours.