If you eat crow, does it taste like chicken?

This crow came as close as 10 feet from me and appeared oblivious to my presence. At a local wildlife refuge. The only other birds I saw was a flock of starlings.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 640, 500 PF at 700 mm, f8, 3200th, D500, handheld.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Hi David,

Close-ups of ravens and crows reveal a lot about these intelligent birds. This guy is checking you out to see whether a snack will be available. Great details and love the catch-light in the eye. No nits from me–Well done…Jim

Hi David, nice details/exposure on the bird. I like the small mud bits on the beak - makes me think he has been foraging around somewhere. Love the eye - nice details and catchlight. Well done.

Superb detail for black plumage, David. I might go just a bit darker, but that’s a matter of taste. you got a nice little head turn. Excellent portrait.