Imbroglio

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

A hanging plant in a hothouse suggested a close-up with abstract appeal.

Specific Feedback

All comments welcome.

Technical Details

OM-1 + 60mm macro 1/100 f4.5 ISO 400 flash (1/32) and diffuser

15 images stacked only in-camera. Played around with tonality adjustments in PS, then cropped for composition and rotated through 90 degrees.

This is so cool, Mike. I love the tangle with no apparent rhyme or reason. Always good to refresh the chaos.

Well done! I think a shot like this needs some sort of anchor and in this one, for me at least, it’s the vertical leaf or stem about a third in from the right.

What an abstract! Very, very cool. My first thought was: wow, this is a dripping painting of Jackson Pollock. Well done, Mike. Jackson will be jealous , I think……

Mike, this is a fine tangle of leaves. In the thumb, I was thinking that they were covered in frost…but that’s clearly not true. In the largest view, I do see stacking artifacts that aren’t noticeable in the smaller sizes. Good fun.

Cool!! Like a can of worms, but classier! The tangles are fascinating and the DOF and tonal falloff of the inside/back elements works very well.

Mike, this is a fun and engaging image for my eyes to wander around the frame. Great patterns and subject. Nice work!