In The Ash

What makes this image expressive?

Last year we were swamped with the ash from the volcano in Saint Lucia. My original feelings when I saw all of it in the backyard were what a PITA this is going to be to clean up :slight_smile: After a while I decided to get my camera, take a look around to see if I could find anything interesting in the ash. My feelings at the time would have been a mix of wonder, curiosity, awe and an appreciation for the beauty that can be found in simple things.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments are welcome.
Wondering if the hot spot to the left of the ring is distracting?

1 Like

Thank you for posting Andre, and I admire your creative vision and personal perspective here. I really like the image, it immediately stood out to me as something different, and that always captures my attention. I love the steel ring in the centre, so prominent an anchor for the rest of the abstract.

Hearing the back story of the eruption and the devastation they cause, it is heart-warming to see beautiful aesthetics be part of that story.

The hot spot doesn’t bother me at all, it helps with the diversity of textures radiating out from the centre.

The tonality I find particularly appealing, a slightly other-worldly blue, very cool.

All in all, an excellent and individual image. I admire that a lot.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback Alister.

1 Like

A pleasure, thank you.

1 Like