Indian Skimmer skimming

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon EOS R5; 500 mm IS II; ISO 500; 1/2500 sec. at F 5.6

jagdeeprajputphotographie
1 Like

A very cool frame. Love the action. The light is obviously incredible. It has that red hue that seems to be exclusive to India. Focus is spot-on, and the wing position works really well. I also like that you kept the frame a touch dark, which, I assume, is because the sun was down at that point. My only nits are that I can see a halo on the bird’s head and I wonder whether you could get a little lower in this area?

1 Like

Fantastic action caught! I love the trailing wake and reflection. The bluish tint on the whites is lovely against the sepia light.

1 Like

Hi Jagdeep
The low angle, sun set and detail are really cool. The wing span of this skimmer is incredible.
Vary nice work.
Peter

1 Like

Sensational birds, and you captured the action very nicely here. Love the colors as well. Nice job ! Cheers, Hans

A beautiful image, Jagdeep. It really shows the feeding behavior well and I love the light.

1 Like

What long delicate looking wings they have. A very nice job on catching the action. Interesting comment by Diane about the blues. I was thinking of desating the blues on the bird a bit and upping the luminance so i could see the bird better. It is very interesting light.

1 Like