Indian Skimmer, skimming

Thank you so much for your comments & views!

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 5D mark4; 500 mm; ISO 125; 1/1600 sec. at F 4.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Hi Jagdeep, very nice skimming catch with fine wing position. Exposure looks good with details in the shadows and nice whites. All looks good to me here. Well placed in the frame. I hope to catch a skimmer like this one day - well done!

1 Like

Wow, what great timing. Excellent detail in this action shot. Well done.

1 Like

Timed nicely Jagdeep, lovely light and superb techs.

1 Like

Excellent timing on the wing posture and square-on position toward the bird. Skimmers are common in my area, but I have never had any success. Well done, Jagdeep.

1 Like

Wonderful shot, Jagdeep. Perfect timing, which isn’t easy with these guys. I have many missed shots.

1 Like

Very good to get one skimming, Jagdeep. That’s one brilliant beak. does it brighten up like this during breeding? Excellent wing position.

1 Like

Great capture of the skimming action, Jagdeep! Excellent exposure, sharp detail and nice wing position also. I also like that the frame was open enough to show the environment also. It gives it more of a sense of presence.

1 Like

Thanks Dennis, I think so, this was their mating season.