(W-repost) Indian Skimmer

Flying over the Chambal river.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R5; 500 mm; ISO 200; 1/2500 sec. at F 4.
This was shot hand held from a rocking boat.

jagdeeprajputphotographie

Hi Jagdeep,
really striking pose and great details throughout. Terrific exposure. Very strong in flight catch. Taking out the out of focus object behind the bird would be something to consider.

A really nice pose. Well done. And other than the bg element Allen mentioned it is a very simple and complimentary bg. I don’t often notice a halo but I am wondering if the top wing has one?

Really nice detail on the plumage. I also think the wing position is fantastic. As Alan said, taking the out of focus object behind the bird would definitely elevate the image several notches.

A beautiful flight shot, Jagdeep. I agree with the others about removing the out of focus object. It particularly caught my attention where it creates a bright blob at the back of the near wing.

I like the pose you caught the skimmer in. Excellent detail. Nice two-tone background.

What a fantastic pose with incredible sharpness! If it were me, I’d remove the BG object – it catches my attention because it is unaccountably floating in space. It would bother me less if there was a crop from the bottom just far enough to cut into it, then it would look like something anchored to the ground.

Since all the friends wanted me to remove the oof obstruction, so here’s the attempt.
Thanks!

1 Like

An excellent job on the repost, Jagdeep. It made a gorgeous image just a little more so.

That looks much better. Well done.

Wow, the original photo really caught my eye in the gallery. I do like the repost. It’s just a gorgeous pose with beautiful background. And such detail! Well done.