Indian Skimmer

Posting two compositions of the same capture…just to show the detail and quality of R5 capture. The full frame image is about 85% of the capture.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R5; 500mm; 1.4X; ISO 1000; 1/3200 sec. at f 5.6

jagdeeprajputphotographie

Wonderful detail & color throughout, Jagdeep. I’m not really up on these birds at all. I assume the extended lower bill is for their skimming ability and hence the name?
Regardless, just an all around excellent in flight image.

1 Like

The main image is very well done, Jagdeep. It really conveys the way these and similar birds almost float in to a landing. Pretty impressive detail as well. It looks like Canon finally got their mirrorless act together on this one.

Nice capture Jagdeep - I like the composition with the bird flying just above the vegetation. You caught a nice pose too. well done.

Yes, really nice. Love the wings up position, the light, and that red border at the top. I do see a slight halo around the bird’s head and a bit on the front wing.

Hi J Rajput.
Your Skinner just floats across the frame, with great detail and color. As always, nice work.
Peter

1 Like

Incredible eye level view of a skimmer. They are among the fastest birds. You captured the way they feed, coming in low before skimming along the water with their beaks open. The detail is sharp and captured my eye!

2 Likes

Very nice capture of this Skimmer, Jagdeep. Nice position of the bird, on his way down to capture dinner. It is an excellent shot.