Subject dist: 0.89m
1/640 sec, f/5.3
Mode: Av
Metering: Multi-segment
Exp comp: -1/3
ISO: 250
White balance: Auto
Flash: Off

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

A lovely flower centre captured perfectly, Sandy. I cannot see how you could have done this any better - it is sharp where it should be ,and the soft surround sets off the centre beautifully.

Totally agree with Ian. Love the color, comp and the stamen? dancing around the peremiter{sp?}. Love the dof also where the upper stamen go from sharp at the top to a pleasing softness at the bottom.

A beautiful subject and very well executed, Sandy. I love the color combination and the softness of the petals.

Sandy: Wonderful subject and a superb capture and presentation. Really good DOF/POF choice. Many kudos. >=))>

Sandy, this is simply beautiful! I don’t think you could do anything to make it better. Very well done!

One of the best cacti flower closeups I’ve ever seen. Very nice Sandy.

The DOF you have is terrific… looks focus stacked. Very nice cactus.

This pokes my imagination. I think of a 17 armed conductor leading a choir of stamens. Silly, but this is such a beautiful image!

A beautiful image Sandy. The qualities of the photo have already been listed and I totally agree with all of them. Striving for a critic, may be a light cast of red?

Phil, not silly at all - an emotional response to an image is a good thing!, and hopefully what the photographer is striving for.
thanks -
Sandy

Sandy

Very excellent flower photo. Congratulations on the WP!