Inside looking up

Fall Japanese Maple.

Ok Dan, not fair. I think you should have your own category… :wink:

Did you post this one before? No matter, this is gorgeous, outstanding. Love it.

Lon

I’d sign up for that! :laughing:

I love the way the branches reach to the edges of the frame, nice crop. The colors are wonderful. I realized if I focus and unfocus my eyes there are so many patterns and designs to look at - the dark branches, the green and orange leaves, and the bright bits of sky. Whoa…

Looks great, I am just noticing a few blue smudges in the top center and top right 3rd of the frame. You could remove those by painting in a bit of midtone contrast with levels or curves and desaturating the blue in that area a bit.

Love the lines and color. Those branches are awesome. The blue patches are fine with me, but Eric’s idea may be worth pursuing. Nicely done!
-P

Thanks, Lon.
I have not posted this one before. I probably have about 25 different trees I got under this fall.
This was a nice one, I thought.

Beautiful, Dan. Great abstract feel to this one. I love the colors and patterns and I’m a sucker for twisty trees.

I’m guessing that this Japanese Maple is same one that’s a well known star, Dan both from your work and from others. Once again, you’ve provided an outstanding view. The mix of shapes and colors is terrific.

Thanks, Mark, but this is just a maple in my neighborhood… There are hundreds of trees like this in the fall in the Portland neighborhoods, you just have to get under them…

Wow, lots of these in the neighborhood. How neat.

What a beauty. I could get lost in examining the fine detail in this image and tracing the curves of those branches for a long time.