The best won't be duplicated

I think the best neighborhood Maple I ever found and since I bike around to shoot these, I forgot exactly where it was when I processed it. The only one I have taken that I printed for myself.
I take a lot of these so have no idea where it is in my part of the Portland Oregon area so I can’t find it again.
The season starts again in a month but I have no idea where this one is which is Fine.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any appreciated.

Technical Details

D800 with 14mm f2.8 laying on the ground. f16, .6 seconds, iso200

9 Likes

Tremendous intricacy in the branch pattern as well as color palette. Even the sky peaking through looks good to me, Dan. Best you keep this one a secret even if you can find it. You’ll have traffic jams from photographers trying to duplicate this. Well seen and a great perspective from laying on the ground upside down.

Wow, this is wild. The human brain. It’s a wonderful example of why fractal compositions are so compelling. The colors aren’t really that wild actually. I imagine the most challenging part in composing this image was in deciding where to make the bottom frame. It feels a bit bottom heavy but if you crop some of that then you have the trunk entering from out of the frame. I think you made the right choice here.

I say WOW with Igor. Beautiful !

Yes, mesmerizing. Well seen and captured!

WOW is right! This is fantastic Dan! I love the colors and intricate structures. Simply beautiful! Well done!

Absolutely awesome, Dan. A fantastic image with a really unique perspective. Well done. I may have to try this technique this fall.

Cheers,
David

Dan,

Always love your maple images! wonderful pov and the colors are amazing.

Interesting too is that I find the sky, the highlighted areas create a very nice flow, intermingling with the colors and branches of the tree. Everything working together beautifully!

I hope you can find this one again! If not, well you know you have a moment in time that can never be taken away - so you’re good!

Lon

The shape/form of the trunk and branches is very compelling, as are the contrasting colors of the leaves. Well done.