Seeing Double

Taken this morning at some newly discovered maples in my neighborhood.
I was able to get a real landscape view of these, different shooting than the upward sky views of other trees I have posted previously.
The Oregon rains begin in earnest today, the leaves are coming down so Maple season is over.
Any comments appreciated.

D610, 14mm Rokinon lens, manual focus, iso200, f16, .5 sec.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Dan,

Still continue to be amazed that these beauties are in your neighborhood, just around the corner. Just walking the dog would be so much more fun… :wink:

There’s a lot to love about this one as well, including the perspective and that there are two trees. It’s like the smaller one is pushing back or holding up the larger one; for sure they fit together nicely.

While I think the inclusion of the ground provides some context and makes this much less abstract, I’m not sure it’s improvement over previous images. The biggest nitpick I have is the very bright tree, or whatever it is, in the LRC. I can see cropping from the bottom to remove the bright grass in the LLC, but I don’t see any help for the LRC. The only suggestion might be to wait til next year and get this before the sun strikes that tree.

Still, what beautiful subjects!

Lon