Maple season

A Japanese maple in my neighborhood.
Not sure if this is Landscape, Flora, or photo art?
Any comments appreciated.
D800, 14mm

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

It’s wild. A kaleidoscope of colors and shapes. Very creative.

Dan, I am not sure where it belongs either but I really like this type of image. It is a bit abstract but the viewer can still recognize it as a tree. Great colors and a really nice composition. I appreciate that you left the trunk in the image, for me it leads the eye into the center of the scene before it explores the rest of it. Nice work!

Dan,

Wow, this is wonderful; a kaleidoscope for sure! Mind bender comes to mind as well. I’d say this gives the tree in Portland a run for its money!

Just beautiful and I’m hard pressed to offer any suggestions. The only thing I can think of to tweak this would be to clone or burn down the brightest little area in the LRC. The yellow/greens there are just a slight eye magnet. Other than that, this is outstanding.

Lon

Dan, wherever it belongs, I like it! Great assortment of tangled up branches and wild color. Fun stuff for sure.

Very painterly and abstract Dan. I love the kaleidoscope of colors.

This is excellent, Dan! Great comp and colors and it is a fine mind tweaker as well. Beautiful! No suggestions here.

Gorgeous, Dan. Wonderful shapes, textures and a beautiful range of colors. Framing and processing look good to me.