Inviting forest

Every time the forest is with his forms and shapes inviting to come in and explore . As with this gate of almost golden leaves.

What technical feedback would you like if any?All feedback is more than welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?All feedback is more than welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Nikon D850, f11, 1/4, ISO 320, 70-200 at 165mm

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

I like the graceful sloping diagonal of the tree branch combined with the vertical BG trunks. Beautiful lighting also.

I love this. My only nit is the choice of shutter speed. Ideally, I’d like to see all leaves sharp? It could be just me though.

@Michael_Lowe, @Adhika_Lie, thank you both for these fine comments. Here I learned to give more attention to the shutterspeed. It isn’t a habit to give attention to all the camera settings. Therefore it was a top tip Adhika.

Beautiful image Ben. I think Adhika makes a strong point here. You had some wind to deal with and with a slow shutter speed you got quite a bit of leaf movement. Not a deal breaker for me but something to think about. I love the diagonal branch coursing through the frame and how the brown leaves on the ground contrast nicely with the warm and vibrant yellow and green leaves.

1 Like