Protective branches

Just a great place to be.

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback is more than welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

nikon D850, F4, iso 320, 24-70 lens at70mm,

1 Like

Sure looks like it, Ben. I like the framing - that you really concentrated on the branches reaching to the other trees and eliminated a lot of the ground itself. There’s still a lot of greenery, but it’s clearly a fall image. The contrast looks nice together and I like the overall soft quality to the photo. Quite inviting.

I agree Ben. I knew this was one of your images before I saw who it was. It just has your signature to it. I love the green on the left side of the image slowly fading into yellow as my eye drifts across to the right side of the image. I love the branches or roots on the forest floor as well as the carpet of red leaves. Lastly, I like the one tree on the right that is leaning in the opposite direction of all the others. I would prefer to have more of the tree trunk on the left in the image since the trunk is cropped out but the base of the tree is there. I don’t think you need the whole trunk but just a smidge.

Panoramic forest interior landscapes are rare but you’ve shown how effective they are. Adam Gibbs on YouTube has been doing such compositions recently and demonstrating their effectiveness. Other than showing just a bit more of the tree trunk on the left I can’t think of a suggestion to make. Although that added darkness may mess with the balance.

Beautiful, graceful movement from left to right Ben. Beautiful color too.

I have the same suggestion as Igor, Ben. This is a very gorgeous image. Did you stitch this or did you crop it to panorama? I am very lazy at stitching and maybe I should put in more effort if the result comes out like this.

@Kris_Smith , @Igor_Doncov , @Adhika_Lie , @Eva_McDermott , @David_Haynes . @linda_mellor .
I agree about the trees on the left side. I have to go slower and next time on my tripod again to see more. Now I missed those trees to put them in the frame. Which added darkness @Igor_Doncov :smiley:?? It is just a 16:9 crop @Adhika_Lie / Thank you all !!

1 Like