Iris Closeup #2 w/repost

Repost with tighter crop:

Spring flowers always offer an awesome time to shoot hopefully more creatively than traditional landscapes. This year, I am trying to shoot flowers wide open, with selective focus. Here’s an Iris closeup from yesterday.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments appreciated.

Technical Details

Fujifilm GFX 100, GF 50mm f/3.5, 1/640 sec @ f/3.5, ISO 500 , handheld. Pretty incredible for a $500 lens (when released; it’s $1,000 now)…

Processed in Capture One with minimal adjustments.

I just got the GF 110mm f/2 lens and will be playing around with that over the next couple of days. Even more selective focus.

2 Likes

Dave: What a beautiful bloom and a fine capture. I especially like your POF/DOF choice. I like this as is but could also see a slightly tighter frame filling crop or something with a touch more room on top. The BG is pretty cool so a bit more of it above would suit me fine. Very nicely done. >=))>

Thanks for your comments, Bill. I don’t have any more room on the top, but I’ll post a tighter crop up above. Thanks again.

Cheers,
David

Nice image. The DOF you chose works well with the subject. I like the tighter cropping, it takes out the unessential background and focuses attention on the star of the show.

1 Like

Thank you, @Don_Jacobson. the tighter crop does seem to work better.