Irrepressible, Irresistable Sable (2010 - 2024)

The Jock

Lap Cat and Camper

Infinite Scritch Absorber

Fully Mature and in her prime

Mighty Huntress

Her Final Portrait

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

We had to put Sable down a week ago and it’s been a difficult week. I’ve been sorting through old pictures and thought I’d post some here since @Diane_Miller mentioned it.

Specific Feedback

No feedback needed.

Technical Details

Taken over a 14 year period with various devices.

2 Likes

Awww… a Siamese! She is gorgeous and I know how much you miss her. She was so fortunate to have a wonderful home, but that makes parting even sadder. It is so wonderful to have photographs whose quality matches the good memories.

Another awww from me. She was lovely! I’m so glad you shared - oh and here comes one of my little furry butts now. Can’t type with you on my lap, kitty! They take up so much room in one’s life (and lap) that it’s hard to let them go. She looked intrepid and a great companion. I especially like her with the deer (my old boy Chuck once stared down some turkeys) and all her cross-eyed looks. Such blue eyes! My condolences. I hope you can return to happy memories without too much pain soon.

She was very fond of getting on my lap at my desk and her head just had to reat on my left wrist. It made me realize how much I used the [alt] key in PS.

Dennis, I’m heartbroken for you, your cat, me, and our cat. My wife and I had to put an end to the life of our cat Beau 2 weeks ago now after 16 years. We rescued him from a well known and respected adoption agency. He had been abandoned by a family who moved and just left him behind. Thankfully the neighbors had the kindness to take him to the shelter.
At the time we were on the rebound from our feral cat we took in for about 4 years before he passed away unfortunately.

1 Like

So painful to loose them but worth it. Nice gallery you have to honor her.

I’m sorry Dennis! Sable was a real beauty. Glad you had her but it’s so hard to let go. I had to put my little girl down a year ago after 15 great years. I still miss her.

Sorry for your loss Dennis. It is nice that you have a series of excellent photos for good memories for sure. The first photo shows playfulness and maybe just a hint of trouble in the future. All 6 of our cats were throw aways and rejects and fortunately for them, all have a good home with us. Thank you for posting and from your pictures, she was a good cat friend…Jim

When I was a kid, our neighbors had a Siamese. It would climb a mimosa tree in our front yard and wait for another neighbor’s nuisance dog to trot by. Just as the dog got past, it would jump and stick a clean landing on the dog’s back and ride it for about a block as the dog took off like a shot, yelping and whining. The cat would then nonchalantly and gracefully jump off, and saunter back to the tree, looking very pleased with itself. This happened countless times, sometimes more than once in a day. The dog never figured it out.

1 Like

Great story, Diane! I can just visualize it! This cat had that kind of personality, but no dogs to practice it on. I did carry her over to the fence once to introduce her to the neighbor’s goat-she jumped out of my arms and was back at the house before I could turn around.

1 Like

I just found this post and my heart aches for your loss. She was beautiful, and l believe they stay with us.

Awww. So sad. To have such a beautiful cat for so many years was a wonderful adventure, I’m sure. Two memorable Siamese in my life - my cousins’ cat, Kennedy, who was an irrepressible tom, and froze the tips of his ears and tail staying out too many icy Montana nights; and my Tosca, who got FELV and we had to put her down after about 4 years (best memory of her was anytime I was doing something at the kitchen counter, she would sneak up behind me at attack my “behind” then run!)

Condolences, Dennis. She was beautiful! It’s so hard to lose our four-legged friends.