It's About That Time

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I am thinking that the bluebells will be about a week early this year and if that is the case they should be in full swing in about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks. I went to check them out last week; they were just starting to come out; while taking a hike along the Susquehanna River with my grand daughter. This colorful little spring wildflower carpets the forest floor in Susquehanna SP, MD for about 3 weeks.

For this particular area I usually try to time my visit a little before sunset as the sun sets behind the trees and imparts a lovely soft glow to the scene. I thought the tree with the vine striations made for an interesting subject as well and would compliment the bluebells.

Specific Feedback

All C&C welcome and appreciated.

Technical Details

Nikon D800, Nikon 35-70 mm @ 52 mm, f 18 @ 1/4 sec, ISO 100, CPL, cable release & tripod, 4 image stack for DOF

1 Like

Classic composition, Ed. Trees arising out of a bed of wildflowers. Love the colors. You found a nice section without a bunch of deadfall and new tree growth. I never seem to be able to do that.LOL
But I feel I must point out that PS did not do a very good job on the FS. The left FG flowers are OOF. You might have to brush it in manually.

Thanks for noticing that @Michael_Lowe. I do not know how in the world I missed that blurry group of bluebells. It just goes to show why it is always a good thing to have a different set of eyes taking a look at your post.

I went back and checked the raw files and unfortunately the first one is also blurry. I guess it must have been a little wind moving those flowers slightly. :disappointed: Maybe if I can find this particular tree again I can always try a redo.

Thanks for the Like @Ben_van_der_Sande; always appreciated.

In these days of focus stacking, it’s funny how picky we get about it. With that said, I agree with your brother that it would improve the image. Otherwise, just lovely. A classic mix of flowers and trunks.