Susquehanna Bluebells #3

Another image from that wonderful evening of photographing the bluebells in Susquehanna SP, MD.

Specific Feedback Requested

All C&C welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D800, Nikon 17-35 @ 35mm, f 16 @ 1/40 sec, ISO 400, MLU, cable release & tripod

1 Like

I think this might be my favorite thus far…simpler composition from a trees standpoint. I like the balance as well from upper/lower and left/right. Great soft light without highlites coming through the trees.

Not sure how you’ve managed texture/clarity/sharpening in this image, but there is excellent detail in the foreground, but that serves as a distraction to my eye in the upper half of the image with all the twigs/branches intersecting. If there was a universally applied technique to detail, I’d be tempted to minimize that in the upper half of the image, where it is less important and perhaps serves as a distraction. Let me know what you think…-Jim

This is lovely. The different shades of green are interesting, but the most interesting aspect are the trees in the bluebells. It’s as if they are dancing through the bluebells.

I like this better than the horizontal, Ed. It brings that sweet BG glow a lot closer to the viewer.

That’s just a treat Ed. I love the mix of the flowers, greenery, and woodland.

My guess is, knowing how yellow spring vegetation can be, that this is true to what you captured. With that said, here’s a version just as food for thought with the yellow in the greens bumped down just a tad. Feel free to file it under the rest of the “nut job” comments… :smiley: