River Walk

Susquehanna SP is about a 25 minute drive from my home so it is fairly accessible . This particular trail winds its way through the woods as it follows the Susquehanna River. Around the third week in April is the peak time to catch the bluebells putting on a show as they carpet the forest floor in certain areas. I am hoping to make one more trip tomorrow to photograph these lovely wildflowers before they fade. It has been non stop wind for the last three days so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I am not already to late.

As always thanks for taking a moment to leave a thought.

Specific Feedback Requested

All C&C welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D800, Nikon 17-35 @ 28mm, f 16 @ 1/20 sec, ISO 400, MLU, CPL, cable release & tripod

1 Like

So inviting. I envy your bluebells although we have really big trilliums that do the same thing - carpet the forest floor. I like the bendy trail and the tree as anchor, the blue of the flowers is lovely, but maybe not as prominent as you’d like, not sure. Maybe you could crop from the top since the sweet spot is the trail and those blues. Also the shadows seem a bit light here. The green though…we’re still waiting on it. Hope you get lucky with the wind!

A beautiful and inviting path to wander. I was thinking along the same lines as Kristen with regards to the brighter areas above. Either bring them down some or crop? Well done.

Ed, this looks like a lovely spot to walk in the woods. The path, the bluebells and the nice early spring greens come together very well. While burning-in that tiny brighter spot at the very top would “clean up” the view, it’s really minor. The bluebells in my yard still have flowers, but they’re clearly past peak. A cooler spot along the river may still look good. (BTW Susquehanna SP is a bit over an hour for me.)

1 Like

Lovely. It looks like something out of a fairy tale. I love the sinuous path and how you’ve framed it with the two trees on either side. The soft light is comforting and the blue flowers are the icing on the cake. The greens seem to be a little on the yellow side, but perhaps that’s the way they were.

Congrats on the EP, Ed. I missed this one till now. Very inviting shot. I’d like to take a stroll down that path. Oops, I did didn’t I?
:call_me_hand:

Ed, I have been meaning to take time to comment on this wonderful image. As I was out for a walk this morning (on a dirt road along a wheat field which is just a place I can walk along beside my house and neighborhood), I started thinking about this inviting image again. I sure would love to take a walk down this path (even if there were no bluebells). A wonderful image. Thank you for sharing, and congratulations on Editor’s Pick. :+1:

This is lovely image. The curved path really invite you to walk into the picture, and turn around the corner to find even more of the bluebells! I agree with Kristen regarding crop at the top.

Thanks so much to everyone @Kris_Smith , @Harley_Goldman , @Mark_Seaver , @Chris_Baird , @Michael_Lowe , @Shirley_Freeman and @Ola_Jovall for the kind winds as they are always appreciated. I tried both burning and cropping the area in the ULC and couldn’t come up with anything so far that looked right to me so I will play around with it a bit more.

The bluebells were past prime on our second visit, but I did have four keepers from the first trip so I am happy with that.

1 Like