River Walk

This was taken last year during the April bloom of bluebells in Susquehanna SP, MD. The trail you see here follows along the banks of the Susquehanna River and makes for an easy walk as it is relatively flat. I find it a very relaxing walk at sunset as you have the river on one side and the woodland with it’s bluebells on the other. The wildflowers should start appearing in three to four weeks and the park is only a 30 minute drive for me so I start scouting in about three weeks.

As always thanks for taking a moment to leave your thoughts as they are always appreciated.

Specific Feedback Requested

All C&C welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D800, Nikon 17-35 @ 32mm, f 16 @1/20 sec, ISO 100, CPL, cable release & tripod.

1 Like

Inviting and lush. I love the flowers especially, which I suppose was the point. The newish leaves and other growth look so fresh. It will be a couple months before it looks like that up here. The preview is a welcome sight! You could have a go filling in the brighter bit at the top to the right of that tree in the center.

1 Like

Love this, Ed! I feel like if I walk down that path I’ll come upon some quaint little cottage out of a fairy tale where all the animals talk. It’s so inviting and happy looking. Really nice capture!

1 Like

Thanks so much for the kind words @Kris_Smith and @Vanessa_Hill; always appreciated.

@Kris_Smith: Thanks for catching that. I will clone in some leaves into that area for sure.

@Vanessa_Hill: That is pretty much how I felt about this scene when I turned around and noticed it.

1 Like