It's MY Perch

I went out in the afternoon of the same day as my last post when we had some high clouds move in to smooth out the light a bit. This is the same perch, just in a slightly different location and angle to accommodate the different angle of the light. They ended up settling this amicably with the newcomer lower down on the stem.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Sony a6500, FE200-600 @ 282 mm, tripod with ball head and Sidekick mount, f/8, 1/1600, iso 1600, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Aside from noise reduction and the crop, the only editing were some curve and saturation layers through various luminosity masks. No sharpening except the default Lightroom “export for web”.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Beautiful action capture Dennis. The color contrast is wonderful. The eyes focused came out very well. The background DOF is good.

Outstanding, Dennis. I totally agree with Dean concerning the colors. Excellent detail throughout and a nice, smooth BG.

A really nice interaction shot Dennis and you had a front row seat. Lovely late summer colors.

What a great capture! I love the perch and the action, and the BG is wonderful, both in its level of subtle detail and color that fits so well with the birds. Lesser Goldfinches? I’m glad they worked it out.

Thanks, Diane. They’re Juvenile American Goldfinches. We’re a little far north for Lessers. We’ve had a stray now and then, but that’s it.