Hello!

We had some decent filtered light the other evening, so I set up a camp chair in the back yard and waited on the birds. About all had were American Goldfinches and Pine Siskins, but it was still an enjoyable evening. I think this is my favorite pose from the session. For those not familiar with it, this is a juvenile American Goldfinch.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Sony a6500, FE200-600 @ 594 mm, tripod with ball head and Sidekick mount, f/8, 1/2500, iso 1000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 4115x3530. Removed two out of focus twigs. The background is the tree line 100 yards or more away with the lighter area being a gap between tops. Taken August 7th at 6:13 pm.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Very nice, Dennis. Great detail and nice, soft BG. I love the color of this bird.

Dennis, I really like that bright spot in the BG, it gives the variation to the BG and complement the inquisitive look of the bird.

Wonderful photo Dennis. The expression on this little fellow is priceless. What a great way to spend the evening.

Love the look and pose, Dennis ! Colours and background are excellent ! Nice one, Cheers, Hans

Very nice, Dennis! I like the colors and the pose on this one. The square crop works very well also.

Pose and BG are wonderful. I believe that the lawn chair will be an essential feature of your equipment. Works for me…Jim