Juvenile American Goldfinch

I cut a spent Monarda stalk a couple of days ago and stuck it up in a stand near the Goldfinch feeders. This youngster put on a pretty good show for me with this as the finale.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Sony a6500, FE200-600 at 444 mm, tripod with ball head and Sidekick mount, f/8, 1/2500, iso 800, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Neat Image for noise reduction and just a bit of Topaz Detail 3 for feather enhancement. I painted over another stem of the Monarda in the lower right corner that didn’t add to the composition. The background is our late summer lawn and the beginnings of our prairie at the top. Taken at 9:30 am on August 24th.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

What a great catch, Dennis. Love those wings! Great detail and nice color in both the bird and background.

A lovely pose. I really like how you got both of the stems in focus. Well done. Square crop also looks good as do the late summer colors.

Dennis, your prop works so nicely, making it look like you captured him out in the wild some place, not in your backyard. Wonderful details in the bird. Those wings up really was a nice show off that she gave you. The background is really a nice compliment. Great shot, as always.