I've got a bug and I'm not sharing!

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: D500, 600mm f4 (1/2500 sec at f6.3, ISO 500) Crop for comp, levels, Shadows & Highlights, Brightness & Contrast, Topaz DeNoise AI Hue and Saturation -yellows and -greens for BG. The Eastern Phoebes fledged and have moved out to the edge of the woods. This was taken right after the bird landed with a nice caterpillar in its beak. Phoebes flick their tail down right after landing and I caught this one right before the tail flick…Jim

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Jim, this is a fine look at this beautiful bird, and the bug is a nice bonus. That background and the perch really set him off nicely. Great shot.

1 Like

Very pretty image. Simple, but it works really well. Love branch the Phoebe is on. Nicely done.

1 Like

I agree with all the above; simple, but gorgeous. Really fine capture.

1 Like

With the lack of color, in my humble opinion, would like to see this in black and white.

1 Like

Very clean and simple, uncluttered shot Jim. Love the perch and the fact that you got him with food in the mouth. I also love the tail sticking up just a little bit, Quite a dynamic pose. Sharp and a clean background. Well done Jim!

1 Like

Nice pose, and a pleasant and clean BG. Nicely done. Cheers, Hans

1 Like

I love the composition of this one, Jim. I also like keeping the bird rather small in the frame. The pose and head turn are great.

1 Like

Beautiful shot Jim, love how the perch leads diagonally up to the bird in the corner, nice soft light and background too.

1 Like

This image is just perfect: the pose, the moment, the uniformity of the colours between bird and perch, the gorgeous BG, the sharpness. Just great.
Grt, Ingrid.

1 Like

Thank you all for your comments and critiques. I learned a lot about these birds during their successful nesting under our patio deck. And my bird photography has changed due to the critiques that I have received over the years as a member of NPN. Learning is a good thing, especially from the contributions of our members at NPN. Once again thank you…Jim